Monday, September 20, 2010

Jwo Yi's 4th Mid-Autumn Festival (中秋節 - Zhongqiujie) - Part 2


by Ida Khoo @ Jwo Yi’s mummy
Okay since I find out that there won't be any lantern in Shanghai for the Mid-Autumn festival, so I try my best to make a nice lantern for you. I try to use the brochure paper to make for you but it's too thick and I cannot turn the lotus petals over and tear the paper so end up cannot use. Them I'm thinking hmmm.... I can use the origami paper to make it but it'll be too small. So I join four origami paper together to make one lantern. The end result is so so only. Still to small and cannot even put a candle in it as it'll burn the lotus lantern. Hahahahah.......

So I guess this is your only lantern for this year. Sorry baby, mummy is not good at making things. Will make it up to you when we go back to Penang for good. I'll get you a huge lantern. I promise.

mummy home made lotus lantern. (ugly)

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Escape from Mr Lemoncello’s Library” by Chris Grabenstein

By Jwoyi @ 12     Can you ever imagine staying in the library at night ...... Well , if you hadn’t had that experience yet , check out “...